Common DLP (Blue Coat Data Loss Prevention appliance) FAQ
1. What are the Web browsers supported for the DLP Web console?
The DLP Web console is supported on the following Web browsers:
2. Where can I view a DLP health check failure?
Check the proxy DLP setting in External services:
Service URL: icap://dlp-ip/request
Proxy ICAP support is available for HTTP/HTTPS/FTP;
Currently, IM, Streaming (and live HTTP streaming) , CIFS, MAPI, and TCP tunnel are not supported.
4. Where can I view the system and hardware diagnostics information on the DLP appliance?
System and Hardware diagnostic can be viewed using the web console, View Status, Dashboard, Health Monitor.
5. What happens if the data for scan is larger then 8k?
When an ICAP scan is being performed, the proxy does not cache data over 8k blocks. The proxy sends the data for ICAP scanning, when scanning is completed and the content is allowed by policy, all the scanned data is transferred back to the proxy for caching.
6. What is the maximum file size for a DLP scan?
The maximum file size for the DLP scan limit is 2 GB. Because the proxy sends all data to the DLP device for scanning without caching, the DLP appliance cannot finish scanning when the data is over the 2GB size limit. It stops scanning and sends a “500 server error” to the proxy and closes the connection. The proxy in turn then closes connection to the client and loses all data.
7. Does the DLP appliance support URL encoding?
DLP does not support URL encoding.
8. Ho do I change the default password on the DLP appliance?
Change the default password (recommended) by typing:
The first version of quick start guide contains an error on the information about changing the password. For more information (taken from the DLP 7.0.2 release note), see https://bto.bluecoat.com/doc/14316
9. How do I slow down email redelivery attempts?
If for some reason the DLP appliance fails to deliver emails to the downstream MTA, it will retry sending the email every 5 seconds. Due to the relatively
Workaround: The workaround to this potential issue is to adjust some the timeout settings in the MTA configuration file. You should contact your support representative
10. How do I reset a DLP appliance to factory defaults?
11. How can I keep the incident logs, including attachments, for 5 years?
Only display 5k incidents are typically displayed, but you can filter by time or values to see older incidents.
There are 2 major limits on incidents.
b) When you reach 1-5 million incidents (depends on the system) you will start
12. Does DLP support IPv6?
No. Neither DLP 7.0 nor 7.1 supports IPv6.
13. What about support for the DLP client Agent (endpoint)?
DLP 126.96.36.199 supports the DLP client agent, which is the Code Green client agent. It is sold and supported by Code Green Networks.
For endpoint issues, Blue Coat redirects users to Code Green Technical Support. Visit: http://www.codegreennetworks.com/support.htm
14. What does the error: iDRAC6 communication error, FATAL: Error inserting ipmi_si mean?
This issue is a cosmetic error, which indicates that the last shutdown was not done properly.
To fix this error:
15. Does DLP has its private SNMP MIB?
The DLP only support common SNMP MIB as Linux server, with CPU. RMA and Disk etc, but no private MIB for policy etc. see details in Administrator’s Guide
3.10 Enable SNMP Notifications
Rate this Page
Please take a moment to complete this form to help us better serve you.