If you are able to boot the ProxyAV 400-E appliance you can restore the default settings by scrolling (up or down arrow) through the front panel menu and selecting "Restore Factory Defaults". If ProxyAV is unable to boot you can restore the default settings by following the instructions below:
- Unplug the power cord. Plug the unit back in.
- When the appliance is booting, press and hold the up arrow until the menu appears. Use the arrow buttons to navigate the menu.
- Press the enter button to select a menu option (you have two minutes to make a selection):
- Restore boot? -- Forces the ProxyAV 400-E to boot using an archived system image. If the appliance does not boot upon power-up, Blue Coat recommends invoking this option first.
- Restore factory def.? -- Forces the ProxyAV 400-E to boot using an archived system image, restores the system with the factory default settings, and reverts the firmware to the original version. If you reset the ProxyAV 400-E appliance with this option, you must go to the firmware page on the Management Console and update the firmware to the current version.
- Cancel -- Exits the reboot menu; the ProxyAV 400-E continues to boot.
During either of the two processes, the LCD displays Restoring....