I cannot uninstall the Mac ThreatPulse Client Connector
I tried to remove the ThreatPulse Client Connector from my Mac running OS X by deleting the application from my Applications folder, but it is still running and I can not remove it.
Once the client connector is running, removing it from the Applications folder will not uninstall it. You must follow these steps to remove it:
1. Find the ThreatPulse Client Connector installer and right-click on it.
2. Select "Show Package Contents" from the context menu
3. Go into the "Contents" folder and unzip "cc-files.zip"
4. In the resulting "cc-files" directory, run the application "cloud-client uninstaller"
NOTE: In order to uninstall the client when a password has been specified during install you will need to type the following from a terminal. In this example, we will assume that the cc-files directory were unzipped to the current user's Downloads directory.
open /Users/<user name>/Downloads/cc-files/cloud-client-uninstaller.app --args -sup <password that was used during install>
5. Follow on-screen prompts to enter administrator password and run the uninstaller.
For reference, please see FAQ1703 for information on how to uninstall the client connector from within the Mac OS-X UI. If you installed the client with a password, the client will need to be uninstalled from the command line interface or terminal window.
Rate this Page
Please take a moment to complete this form to help us better serve you.